- Tax Assessment
The Tax Assessor’s Office is located on the second floor of the Town Hall Building. The mission is to produce and certify an accurate and timely tax roll on an annual basis. The office is responsible for identifying, listing, and estimating the market value of all residential, commercial and industrial property, business and personal property, and registered motor vehicles within the town in a manner specified by law.
*** The State of Rhode Island has eliminated the motor vehicle tax. As such, the Town will no longer be sending motor vehicle tax bills. All outstanding bills from previous years will still be due, however. ***
March 3, 2023 Notice:
The Town has just completed a revaluation of properties and values have been adjusted accordingly. For additional information regarding your revaluation please click here.
Vision Government Solutions is Richmond’s Online Database for the Town of Richmond. Visit the site to enter the Assessor’s Online Database.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- January 31 - Deadline for filing Personal Property Declaration to the Assessor
- January 31 – Deadline for filing Farm, Forest & Open Space Applications
- March 15 - Deadline for filing Personal Property Declaration with an approved Extension
- April 15 – Deadline for filing Senior Citizen & 100% Social Security Exemption Applications
- June – Certification of Tax Roll
- July – Mailing of current year tax bills
** The Town may send reminder letters for the above deadlines, however it is the responsibility of the applicant to meet the deadline regardless of whether letters are sent **
- Senior Citizen (must have turned 65 by December 31st of prior year)
- 100% Social Security Disabled
- Veteran/Unmarried Widow or Widower of Veteran
- 100% Disabled Veteran
- Gold Star
- Specially adapted housing for Veteran & unmarried widow or widower of Veteran
Tax Exemption Forms
Senior Citizen Exemption Application (PDF)
Veterans’ Exemption Application (PDF)
100% Social Security Disabled Exemption Application (PDF)
Farm, Forest and Open Space Renewal Application (PDF)
Annual Camper Declaration (PDF)
Farm, Forest and Open Space Land Classification Application (PDF)
Personal Property Annual Return to Assessor (PDF)
Proration Info (New Construction)
Per RI General Law 44-5-13.4, newly completed construction occurring after any December 31 date of assessment will be issued a prorated bill.
The additional tax bill is calculated on the number of days remaining from the date the Certificate of Occupancy was issued, or from the date the structure was first used for the purpose for which it was built, whichever comes earlier, until December 31 for the assessment year in which the new construction is completed.