The Town of Richmond has developed and adopted a new policy for the issuance of locator cards. To obtain a locator card, one of the child’s/student’s parents, guardians or a person acting in loco parentis or acting on behalf of homeless children/students must respond to the Town Clerk’s Office and provide the following documents:
- A valid photo identification, such as a current RI motor vehicle operator’s license with current street address, state identification card, or passport;
- A certified copy of the child’s/student’s birth certificate;
- Proof of residency, such as a piece of mail with a current address, tax bill, utility bill, executed property deed, or some other proof of residency;
- If not a homeowner, a rental lease agreement granting possession of a dwelling and verification of occupancy by the landlord;
- In addition, an Affidavit of Residency/Homelessness, provided by the Town Clerk’s Office must be completed and attested to.
*An English translation must be provided for any documents, not in English.
There may be a delay of a few days before a locator card can be issued while eligibility for enrollment is being determined.