- Town Administrator
The Town of Richmond's Home Rule Charter specifies that the Town Administrator shall be the chief administrative officer of the Town. It shall be the responsibility of the Town Administrator to:
- Advertise for and interview applicants for positions as directors of Town departments. The Town Administrator shall submit to the Town Council a list of qualified candidates, and the Town Council shall make an appointment from among the candidates listed.
- Supervise and coordinate the administrative activities of the Town and the performance of each department, office, and agency. No later than November thirtieth of each year, the Town Administrator shall submit to the Town Council a report on the performance of each department.
- Discipline and suspend Town employees, including department directors, provided that he or she shall immediately notify the Town Council of such discipline or suspension.
- Designate a temporary replacement in the event of the absence of disability of a department director, provided that he or she shall immediately notify the Town Council of such as appointment.
- Supervise the negotiation of all collective bargaining agreements.
- Maintain an inventory of all Town property and assets.
- Annually prepare and present to the Town Council a five-year capital improvement plan and budget.
- Ensure that all laws and ordinances of the Town are enforced, that all franchises, permits, and privileges granted by the town are observed, and that all contracts made by the Town are performed.
- Perform any other duties required by this Charter or by ordinance of the Town or assigned by the Town Council.
- Act as the Purchasing Agent.